Casineros Dance Across the Island!
This is your opportunity to advance your skills and train with Cuba’s most talented dancers & burgeoning new artists! Join the organizers of the San Francisco Salsa Rueda Festival as they team up with Fuákata and MetaMovements to create a one of a kind program, never experienced before. For years all three organizations have been experiencing dance workshops & cultural exchanges on either side of the island and this July they will bridge the communities through a cross country, 2 week road trip. When you’re not dancing or learning about the music, you’ll be immersed in the culture through the eyes of the locals -- learn what the daily life is like to be a professional dancer there, eat and drink the best Cuban cuisine has to offer, and go explore the iconic Old Havana
Choose Your Program!
* Program Prices & Registration Deadlines
Hotels and Casas Particulares
(depending on what's best for us in each location)
Daily Breakfast included
Double Occupancy Accommodations at a Casa Particular and/or Hotel.
MetaMovements letter of certification that your program will meet all current US travel regulations.
Knowledgeable Cuban Guides and experienced drivers throughout our trip
Friendly MetaMovements Tour Liaisons to assist you before, during and after your trip
Airport transfers for those who arrive at a pre-arranged group flight time
Pre-tour planning and packing guidance
Welcome reception and orientation
24 hour emergency assistance available during the trip
Translation for non-Spanish speaking travelers
Full time daily schedule of activities, designed by dancers, for dancers, that fulfill US travel regulations
Opportunities to customize your program, by signing up for private lessons or other add-ons
Train with master instructors and today's rising stars from companies like Sabor DKY, Sabor de Calle, ViaDanza, Conjunto Folclorico and more (the most popular with students from past trips)
Select from Workshops and Privates in Casino, Afro-Cuban, Rumba, and Populares to customize your program and achieve your goals
Workshops will be sub-divided by interest and level for the best learning experience
Join Cuban artists for the road trip of a lifetime -- see Santiago, Camaguey, and Havana and enjoy dance the whole way
See sites and sounds rarely experienced by the American traveler: dive into nature, culture, and urban landscapes in a whole new way!
Program Costs & Deadlines
Land Package Price
Regular Registration Rates below
Based on double occupancy
Late Registration Fee (add $200 to regular land package)
*Single room upgrade
(Will be charged if registering as a single traveler & we are unable to match a roommate)
Varies- Contact us for details
*Flight & Visa Booking & Coordination
Save time by letting us research!
Not Included / Other Costs
Not Included / Other Costs
How to Register
* Complete an application <HERE>
* Place a deposit <HERE>
* Select SF Salsa Rueda Festival & Program Option
* Let us know if you'd like MM to book your flight
* Complete an interest survey <HERE>
* Stay tuned via email & Facebook for updates!
Want to Stay in Touch for Future Trips?
* Price varies based on departure location and vary daily
* MetaMovements offers a service to research & book flight on your behalf
* Price varies based on airline (~$75-$120)
* Where available, MetaMovements offers a service to book visa on your behalf
Cuban Health Insurance
* Typically priced between $25-$50
* Sometimes included in cost of flight
Tips & Gratuities
* MetaMovements will provide typical ranges
* Additional food and beverages and activities (outside of program)
* Varies from traveler to traveler, spending guide available upon request!